WHY THE NIÇOISE SHOULD BE YOUR NEW WEEK-NIGHT STAPLE
The Niçoise salad comes from—you guessed it—Nice and combines classic southern French ingredients like tuna, eggs, olives, and olive oil.
Since most Americans have eggs, a can of tuna, olives, and olive oil in their kitchen at any given time, this is the perfect salad to whip up when you feel like you have "nothing in the fridge."
Here's a version we love from the Modern Popper:
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 6 oz green beans
- 3 soft-boiled eggs
- 1 package The Little Potato Company Lemon & Garden Herb Microwave-Ready kit
- 6 oz oil-packed tin fish like smoked trout, tuna or salmon
- 1 cup mixed olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- Bring a small pot of water to a rapid boil. Add green beans and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Heat potatoes according to package instructions along with herbs.
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients for lemon dressing.
- On a large platter arrange mixed greens. Top with potatoes, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggs, green beans and fish. Drizzle with dressing and top with fresh basil. Enjoy.